Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I love playing - My Second Month

From second month I was actively doing two things: Staring at objects and following them as they move and playing vigourously with my hands and legs! I had made a friend by then - The Ceiling Fan. I loved looking and cooing at it. When the fan was switched on it made me smile and sometimes even laugh:) Once when it stopped I made a crying face and smiled immediately after it was switched on!!! I used to do cycling using my hands and legs with immense speed and energy. And the speed was even more when I used to stare at the Fan.

I got my first vaccination at 6 weeks - DPT, Hepatitis-B and Oral Polio Vaccine. Vaccines caused fever which lasted for 24 hours but I remained dull for two days.I also vomited more during these 2 days.
I came to my home from my maternal grandparents' place in the later half of this month. We are a big family living together, Mom, Dad, Nannamma, babai, Uma aunty and Purna aunty and I was the latest addition:) Everyone would fight to hold me in their arms and try to grab my attention. They would make faces and produce various sounds wanting to make me smile. And if I responded with a broad cute smile it was a rejoicing moment for everyone!!
I had started smiling a little (when awake) occassionally in this month. It gradually increased and by the end of 2nd month I had reached the "social smile" milestone in paediatric terms!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is such a brilliant idea!! It is so very cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ishwar Anna
    I think this is the best Gift a DAD can give to any child :-)

    ReplyDelete