Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My First Trip

I had my first outdoor trip in my third month. It was also the first long drive in our new car for my family. We were going to our native village Mannegudem. In the morning I was given a warm bath and put to sleep so that everyone could peacefully prepare for the trip :P

I was asleep half the way until we took break at a place for lunch. Daddy stopped the car at a place that had farmlands around. Everyone took out newspapers to set our dining area! I was comfortable and cozy in my Uma aunty's arms. This was the first time I got real exposure to Mother Nature. Mommy had prepared pulihora (tamarind rice) and after lunch there was a big photo session. Everyone would pose with me in their arms!

I smiled a lot in my village by looking at all our relatives. We had to visit a temple and a river for which we drove to a neighbouring village (my paternal grandmother's native place) called Sangem. All three of us had to take bath in the cold water of the river. As the water was very cold my grandmother just applied the holy water to my body with her hands. After bath all of us visited the temple and had prasadam and lunch which was prepated on the site.

We were back from Sangem by noon and later in the evening hosted dinner for all our relatives . I received several gifts that included dresses, gold and silver ornaments. On the way back, we visited all our relatives in Korutla (a town nearby the village). It was a one week trip full of excitement and fun!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like Nishu u had all the fun in the world!! Enjoy the attention you are getting dear!! :)

    ReplyDelete